There are many of us who are taking our new years resolution to get in shape very seriously, and any help is greatly received. One aid that should be gratefully received by everyone is a free copy of Vital Health and Wellbeing Checks, a magazine that has been published by Fitech UK Ltd., in collaboration with the Macdonald’s chain of hotels and resorts, and aims to encourage Brits to achieve a whole new level of health and fitness in 2013.
From this month, the Vital Health and Wellbeing Checks magazine can be picked up from any one of the 17 Macdonald spa hotels locate across the UK. These hotels are already one of the top choices for those who work in the medical profession, as well as the military, fire and police services.
They are also one of only a few hotel groups that are happy to hand out an easy to follow tool to aid wellness that members and guests refer to as a part of their exclusive spa packages. Guests can also take advantage of some fantastic spa treatments as well as educational materials that will assist them in making improved lifestyle choices.
During the initial consultation, the expert team will go through a 1-2-1 Lifestyle Review, which covers areas such as stress, nutrition, drinking habits, smoking, activity levels and most importantly talk through current health status, wellness goals and motivation.
The physical checks go through blood pressure, resting heart rate, body mass index (BMI), body fat percentage, Peak Flow lung function, flexibility and aerobic fitness. Sounds daunting but the assessments are designed to be as friendly and helpful as possible. After all the aim is to provide guidance and support, rather than a military style regiment!
When all the information has been gathered, it’s time to start the journey towards a better way of living. Assessment results and responses to lifestyle questionnaires are evaluated against the national average and presented in a report format that becomes a working ‘bible’! The quick and easy to understand document follows a simple traffic light system indicating: Green = Good, Amber = Need for improvement and Red = Below Average. Areas that need work can easily be identified and advice will be given on how to make amends with realistic tweaks to current lifestyles taking into consideration work and family commitments.
Knowing that old habits die hard, the support won’t end there; Macdonald Hotels will be there for an initial twelve week review, followed by 6 monthly progress updates and motivational boosts such as detailed graphs that show positive improvements and the chance to discuss areas that might be more of a challenge or need tweaking.
No excuses not to make a difference this year! The professionals at Macdonald Hotels are stepping up to help and recommend the best ways to achieve individual health goals – whether that’s a personal training programme, taking a treatment, trying an exercise class or a dip in the pool.
Vital Health & Wellbeing Checks are available at:
1. Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon
2. Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, Bath
3. Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Spa, Southampton
4. Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, Ascot near Windsor
5. Macdonald Crutherland House, Glasgow
6. Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel, near Chester
7. Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort, New Forest
8. Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa, Camberley
9. Macdonald Hill Valley Spa, Hotel & Golf, Shropshire
10. Macdonald Houstoun House, Edinburgh West
11. Macdonald Holyrood Hotel, Edinburgh
12. Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa, near Stirling
13. Macdonald Kilhey Court, Wigan
14. Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa, North Berwick
15. Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa, Windermere
16. Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa, Cheshire
17. Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Golf & Spa, Peebles
For a full list of Macdonald Hotels Spa Collection Properties please visit www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/spa-fitness